Unco - BBS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unco - BBS

Post by cottmiler on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 am

Devised a new variant of Unco today called  Breathing Both Sides.

A wise man from T.I forum wrote recently:

"Often glide and balance are used interchangeably, but it's really balance that is required and it's not negotiable. Balancing the body in the water means shifting and positioning your body over the lung ball or center of buoyancy to become level, legs light with hips high. "

My new variant of Unco simply means, for example, that as you stretch forward with the left arm you breathe to the right,  then you pull the body right over onto your right shoulder and take a breath on the left.

Recover the left arm in the air and place it back in the water, stretch forward and repeat.

This all requires the body to lie as horizontally as possible whilst the pull occurs without pushing the legs down.  The body must move  straight along the black line.

Note that we don't cheat with fins and the feet do as little as possible.  It's about maintaining balance throughout the stroke cycle.

cottmiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unco - BBS

Post by cottmiler on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:29 am

Maybe some don't know what Unco is:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdRFAtNZt8

-0-

After some practise of my breathing both sides version of this drill Unco BBS,  I have made some progress.

Firstly, stroking with the left arm highlights that when breathing to the right, my head is too high and the legs drop.

-0-

How to Do a One Arm Swimming Drill correctly.  
This video gave me some insight into what the aim was and was very helpful because I found that I wasn't stretching forward enough with the left arm as it upset body balance.  This was cured.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3EVHHFojb10

As a result of forcibly making some changes and improvements, my left arm stroke action is much more complete and I nearly have a symmetrical full stroke like nightcrawler!

cottmiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum