Training Bregor

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

20 October lesson

Post by BREGOR on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 pm

I didn't realize that Cottmiler had also noted the smart outfit worn by our local KPN. I did wonder if he was training me to breathe in a certain way to calm me down.
I still find that the twist of the upper body to raise the head is the action that I have to work on and Cottmiler has helped by using various drills. The pull by the "lower" arm has helped the twist. In the past I had to learn to roll a kayak without using a paddle and remember the hip flick being the key and being difficult to achieve consistently.
I have been encouraged by doing half lengths of my primitive version of the full stroke - at least I seemed to be obtaining a rhythm and more speed to help my body balance. The 6-1-6 exercise will be helpful.
My breaststroke is now firmly at 16 strokes per pool length and I am encouraged by that. I have changed the direction of the arm movements to be more horizontal - as suggested by Don W - and think it is helping.

BREGOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wednesday 25 Oct 2017 lesson

Post by BREGOR on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:57 pm

The double kick in the breast stroke is a big hit with me - I seem to have added speed where I used to have a glide.
The result was to do the 30m length in one stroke less.
At this stage I still have loads of work to do on the freestyle but feel that my attempts are getting better. Having lost four months of aerobic fitness I realize that just the exercise of breathing in and out heavily is tiring me prematurely. Also I now am trying to breath in "over my shoulder - watching the arm on that side exit the water behind me". As a pupil I like having lots of technical aspects to think of - even with the obvious risk of confusion. When some part of the stroke goes wrong I now have much in my mind to use to guide me how to correct things.
Looking forward to the next lesson.

BREGOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Training Bregor

Post by BREGOR Yesterday at 2:40 pm

On 16 November my lesson was positive. My initial length of freestyle was still an effort because of the intensity of the breathing. However I then did 3 separate lengths of drills which were far less exhausting. Yes this is trivial unless the fitness of your lungs is a constraint on progress - but it is a step change for me to advance from half length drills to full length drills.
My breast-stroke was now at 14 strokes per length.
Cottmiler has provided me with plenty of drill ideas and what to look for and when he was away one week I found I could usefully practice many aspects.

BREGOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Training Bregor

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top