Twitching######

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twitching######

Post by cottmiler on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:47 am

No, not my famous Twitch in the pool to help make the body flick from one edge to the other but night time twitches.

Mrs Cott has threatened to drown me since lately I have kept her awake with quite violent twitches in the night which stops her sleeping.  I don,t know I am doing it.  I have been doing extra rations of swimming inspired by the forum.

It seems to be nutrition/chemical  deficiency.

Does anyone use sports or isotonic drinks?    Would this help?

cottmiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Twitching######

Post by nightcrawler on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:45 am

I am using Olimp's iso plus, very useful, i like it and helps getting rid of cramps and twithces Smile
http://www.proteini.si/en/store/item/olimp-iso-plus-powder-700g/1406/

nightcrawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cottmiler on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks, not had time to find any yet.

Have grabbed some tablets from the local supermarket. Only had one lot so far.

I have stopped coffee too.

Mrs Cott still with me.

cottmiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Wright on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am

Sorry to tell you "cottmiler" - but it could be a part of growing older!

I noticed while resting flat-out on the bed for my (now essential) afternoon nap, that periodically my left leg gives an involuntary vigorous twitch.  My wife has also noticed it when I'm sprawled out on the recliner arm-chair watching the telly.  It seems to happen every 2 minutes or so.  Haven't noticed it during normal daily activity.  I suspect it's probably due to nerve fibres being in an "awkward" position, possibly affected by pressure against bone (not so much soft tissue "padding" as one ages?).  Think the origin of my left leg twitches from left hip to toes, was due to a "slipped" disc in the lumbar region yonks ago causing spinal curvature - but only noticed the leg twitches about 2 years ago, and it only happens when I am lying mainly on my back - not at all when on my side! So I don't think "pills/potions" would help.

It might end up with you being "banished" by Mrs Cott... to sleep in a separate bed.  I got "banished" to a separate bedroom because of my horrendous snoring (apnoea style - stopping breathing for about 10 secs, then starting up again with a snort!).  So Jill snoozes in a room on the middle floor of our town house, with adjacent bathroom - and I got sent off to the garret on the top floor, with adjacent ensuite. So we even have our own loos - useful as the "waterworks" don't work quite so well as one gets older, needing a little "trip" every 3 or 4 hours! During the day I find a hot-choc drink goes through the system in about 1-2 hours - so need to have that last drink of the day at least 2 hours before settling down to sleep.

Don Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Could be a mineral deficiency - for example, potassium or magnesium. Might be worth having a blood test. Or just eating more bananas and nuts!
Mike A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top