Terry Laughlin - RIP

Go down

Terry Laughlin - RIP

Post by cottmiler on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:28 am

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Total_Immersion_founder_Terry_Laughlin_dies_at_66_6623.html

Many of us will thank Terry for inspiring us to learn the crawl.

cottmiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terry Laughlin - RIP

Post by nightcrawler on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:22 am

Everyone one day will face of death, wish his relatives patience.
Mr. Laughlin made a great contribution on recreational swimming for adult swimmers, I appreciate his workouts.

nightcrawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s.sciame on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:25 pm

It's a sad day. Terry gave me one of best presents of my life which is for good: the love for swimming. I could never thank him enough for this.

Salvo

In his blogs, Laughlin recounted his most memorable swimming experiences. “They happened in swimming treks – swims that belong on any swimmer’s bucket list. During these I explore a part of Planet Water to which access is granted to only a few. Think of these as a swimmer’s Mount Everest – one that puts you in far more exclusive company , at the fraction of expense, and no risk of falling into a crevasse or being caught in an avalanche. Such an experience is made far richer when shared with friends in a beautiful natural setting.”

s.sciame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:10 pm

RIP Terry, a man who has enabled many more people across the world to enjoy swimming.

Though I learned freestyle mostly along SwimSmooth lines, the Total Immersion approach was very important for me early on. It gave me permission to slow right down, to learn to float, to learn to balance, to start again from basics - essentially "to learn to walk before trying to run". This was a wonderful gift for which I am ever grateful.
Mike A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down