Jammers for slim persons?

Go down

Jammers for slim persons?

Post by Moisty on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi, I've got an issue with the cut of all hammers that I have tried so far. I'm comparatively slim for my size (72 kg at 1.85 m, i. e. Les than 160 lbs at 6"1') with particularly long legs for my size. Whenever I try on a jammer that fits well at the waist, it tends to be too tight at the lower end. The problem is that the jammer ends higher up above the knee than for the average person ... where my leg is still wider than closer too the knee? Is there any manufacturer that I should try because the cut may fit me better than others:
- A jammer with a longer inseam?
- A jammer with a wider opening for the legs at the end?
- A jammer that is a better extendability at the leg end? (more flexible than the typical silicone band)
I'd appreciate any help. Thank you very much in advance!

Moisty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jammers for slim persons?

Post by cottmiler on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:46 pm

It seems no one here knows the answer so try UK Swimming Forum perhaps?

I wear budgie smugglers.

We hope you find other stuff on here interesting though.

cottmiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:19 am

nightcrawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Wright on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

Another possibility - "Zone3 buoyancy shorts"?  They have "closed-cell" neoprene panels 3mm-5mm on the insides with smooth outer surface. They fit from the waist down to an inch or so above the knee - I've measured mine when flat, and at the lower knee end they seem to be just under 20cm across (and my legs are skinny, but the shorts are a close fit).  I wear them over "Speesdos" since they do seem to split slightly at the crotch after much use,  and one does need to preserve modesty/dignity!  Smile  Think they cost something like £45.  The added buoyancy is not "massive", but does help if you otherwise swim FS with "sinky" legs!

If you decide to try a pair, then be careful when specifying your waist size! I am (hopefully - once the temporary "spare tyre" due to an Xmas binge on mince pies/cakes/biscuits has been reduced) a 34" waist, and on previous occasions had chosen an "M" size - but the makers recently altered the sizing, and I was surprised to find that I needed to purchase an "L" size.

One further warning - never fold the buoyancy shorts so as to more easily stuff them into a kit bag - otherwise the smooth outer surface develops small cracks at the fold site - i.e. keep them flat!

Don Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:41 pm

I'm probably not the best person to comment, as I'm an inch shorter and a good 10lbs heavier than you! However, most jammers do have a drawstring at the waist, so you could perhaps try going a size larger? Bearing in mind, of course, that one of the advantages of jammers is the compression which is supposed to help your muscle stamina.

Different brands do seem to have different leg lengths relative to the waist, so it might just be a case of exploring that (I'm a Speed Endurance man myself). Probably - as with goggles etc. - it's just a case of trying until you find the brand/model that suits you personally.
Mike A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down