High Cadence Project

Go down

High Cadence Project

Post by cottmiler on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:11 am

Thanks to sprinter for giving me a kick up the rear and encouraging me to work hard in the pool for a change.

I have now done 3.15 km over 5 sessions at 75 spm over single laps with bilateral breathing.

When I did my 100km projects on ankle band and water polo it seemed to take about 20 km before a definite breakthrough happened.

Today I noticed that things felt better and the body felt more on top of the water and streamlined. I had improved the head turn to the right rather than lifting it. Reducing the two beat leg kick amplitude must help too.

cottmiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: High Cadence Project

Post by nightcrawler on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:19 am

cottmiler wrote:Thanks to sprinter for giving me a kick up the rear and encouraging me to work hard in the pool for a change.

I have now done 3.15 km over 5 sessions at 75 spm over single laps with bilateral breathing.

When I did my 100km projects on ankle band and water polo it seemed to take about 20 km before a definite breakthrough happened.

Today I noticed that things felt better and the body felt more on top of the water and streamlined.  I had improved the head turn to the right rather than lifting it.  Reducing the two beat leg kick amplitude must help too.

75 SPM is quite good for an open water swimmer, I am trying 80SPM, at the moment I can sustain 76 SPM upto 5km. When we take a llook at the elites, we can sww that they can manage to sustain 90 SPM upto 5K.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4gJ77Ou9nI&t=1687s

nightcrawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am

Tighten your hip, torso, abdominals, quadriceps, toes and just focu on the whole body balan by incresing the strokes per minute.

nightcrawler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down