THE SWIM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sling-shot hipflexors.

5 posters

Go down

Sling-shot hipflexors. Empty Sling-shot hipflexors.

Post by SA Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Cant think of anything new to discuss, so time to recycle the hip flexor stuff again. Rolling Eyes

This was a pretty good article about them. In swimming its even more important to have sling-shot hipflexors.
Foot out of the water, but when slingslot is released the leg has a very good angle to push water back (even towards the hip point), and the leg hardly overshoots beyond hip depth. Effective power with minimal drag.

https://runnersconnect.net/running-training-articles/running-technique/

Sling-shot hipflexors. 34yva7a

Sling-shot hipflexors. 281tsia

SA

Back to top Go down

Sling-shot hipflexors. Empty Re: Sling-shot hipflexors.

Post by cottmiler Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Yesterday as I was doing Flee Drill but concentrating with only one leg, then I started to get the idea that a two beat kick is capable of providing thrust.

This involved a full body flexing.

I was using fists so needed to get some forward thrust from the leg which I tried to work from the hip.

Give it a try. It,s only by us getting out of our comfort zone that we are able to discover what the body is really capable of.

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:47 pm

Cottmiler, by doing flee drill i am afraid that soon you are going to flee from swimming:)

Instead of doing extraordinary drills recommend you to do some power sets in the beginning and/or at the end of each practice session, like 4x(4x25m) on 45" with 16" pace , 1 min extra recovery after each 4x25m. This will surely make you reach your potential more rapidly.

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:56 pm

I think this will be Cottmilers training focus again for 2017. Rope around ankles, towing ladies around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiggl5FZjwE

SA

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:01 pm

SA wrote:I think this will be  Cottmilers training focus again for 2017. Rope around ankles, towing ladies around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiggl5FZjwE
Mamma Mia! This is like the sea i am swimming, type of the sand, color of the sea and soil all are very similar, the place must be around Turkey, maybe Aegean sea or Mediterrenean. Exactly doing the same resistance swim workout with my wife when sometimes she doesnt want to get into the water. By the way, i thought her swimming 4 years ago whwn we married, but her technique is elegant and better than mine now, she is swimming once a week and can hold 1:40 pace, she is gifted.

Last edited by nightcrawler on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by cottmiler Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:06 pm

You are in a very beautiful country to our eyes and we are very sorry to hear the news today from Istanbul.

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Thanks cotty, for your being thoughtful and sensitive.

Middle east is boiling now , everthing can happen, it is luxurious to swim in these bad conditions, i am really struggling and trying to do my best. I will attend the 5k race in the winter marathon in Datca 25th feb for protesting the terror attempts and make a speech there if i can hit the first place, and dedicate my medal for the souls of the dead people and to their families. Swimming is also a key to communications for me.

In terms of swimming, exactly doing the same resistance swim workout with my wife when sometimes she doesnt want to get into the water. By the way, i thought her swimming 4 years ago whwn we married, but her technique is elegant and better than mine now, she is swimming once a week and can hold 1:40 pace, she is gifted.

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:49 am

I should try and persuade my wife to do this, but she would definitely complain if I went out of my depth! Last year she watched anxiously from the seafront as I did a 3 hour training swim.

That video says "Swim Training Greece", so I'm guessing it's probably the Greek Aegean. I had a holiday there (a long time ago!) in Halkidiki - the sea was so beautiful and clear! One day we went on a mini cruise and dolphins swam right alongside the boat. It's a stunning part of the world for sure.
Mike A
Mike A

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Before planning long duration of swims for the sake of the happiness of both sides better promise her leaving them to the nearest shopping with her friends, it really works Wink

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by s.sciame Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Mike A wrote:I should try and persuade my wife to do this, but she would definitely complain if I went out of my depth! Last year she watched anxiously from the seafront as I did a 3 hour training swim.

3 hours?? You're lucky Mike, when we go to the beach my wife allows me no more than 20 minutes Very Happy

Salvo

s.sciame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum