THE SWIM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swim Smooth Primary Drillls?

3 posters

Go down

Swim Smooth Primary Drillls? Empty Swim Smooth Primary Drillls?

Post by cottmiler Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:24 am

http://www.feelforthewater.com/2017/03/the-swim-smooth-drill-set-primary-drills.html

I see that some of my favourites are missing. I consider these primary.

Ankle band
Water Polo
Fist Drill

(Let's hope Nightcrawler doesn't have a seizure when he sees this thread!)

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Swim Smooth Primary Drillls? Empty Re: Swim Smooth Primary Drillls?

Post by cottmiler Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:34 am

Here are the Secondary Drills:

http://www.feelforthewater.com/2017/03/the-swim-smooth-drill-set-secondary.html

Water Polo is in, Ankle Band is in but not "Fist Drill"

"Baton 6/1/6" is like Catchup.

"Double Switchback Drill" is what I call the "Boomer Drill", I presume.

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 pm

These drills do not belong to SS, these have been known for over 50 years and used by the coaches to teach swimming and correct the mistakes. SS and TI like marketing organizations know very well to pack them into DVDs or a web site, then give these strange names like broken arrow, etc then get the credit card info of the people which are new to swimming. Keep in mind this!

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by GuitarChick Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 am

cottmiler wrote:http://www.feelforthewater.com/2017/03/the-swim-smooth-drill-set-primary-drills.html

I see that some of my favourites are missing.  I consider these primary.

Ankle band
Water Polo
Fist Drill

(Let's hope Nightcrawler doesn't have a seizure when he sees this thread!)

This seems like so many drills...how can I make time to learn them all? Or should I buy one of the DVDs? (your posts seem to steer away from them, but I don't know how to know what to do in the pool for practice?)

GuitarChick

Back to top Go down

Post by cottmiler Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:54 pm

At the moment on this forum we can all swim reasonably well and have forgotten how to learn.

When I started teaching myself 20 years ago, there weren,t coaches around and so I tried to learn from the first Total Immersiion book. I was too mean to go to a clinic to learn but I wouldn,t have been fit enough anyway.

Books seemed rather ineffective but now we have the fantastic internet and so many wonderful videos about learning.

If someone asked me now how to learn and had the money I think T.I and Shaw Method would be good start.

-0-

Note to other forum members: Please provide only positive comments rather than any destructive views.

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 pm

cottmiler wrote:At the moment on this forum we can all swim reasonably well and have forgotten how to learn.

When I started teaching myself 20 years ago, there weren,t coaches around and so I tried to learn from the first Total Immersiion book.  I was too mean  to go to a clinic to learn but I wouldn,t have been fit enough anyway.

Books seemed rather ineffective but now  we have the fantastic internet and so many wonderful videos about learning.  

If someone asked me now how to learn and had the money I think T.I and Shaw Method would be good start.

-0-

Note to other forum members: Please provide only positive comments rather than any destructive views.

Hi Cottmiler,
Let me say something positive and constructive.
You dont need to sepnd money for swimming, neither for lesson nor for equipment. You just need simply goggles(10$) and a trunk(10$) - probably your woman or your friend can buy as a present for you on your birthday.
By watching video you cant improve yourself (be sure you cant). But by swimming with and watching a better swimmer live and trying to imitate him you can.
In my club years, our coaches havent taught us core technical aspects of swimming, just were saying pull with "S" shape, kick harder, turn faster, dont breath at least 3 strokes after tumble turn, etc.
So how did we learn it? By watching our team mate inside the water and outside the water lively; watching live is not same with watching clips, because as soon as you watched you are trying to imitate that and learn/work the lesson(technique) in the class(pool) not at home. So 100th time want to repeat you, dont pay money to "Jackals", find and swim with a mate who loves swimming like you. If we were living in the same city, I would merely swim with you and also learn something about life from you.  Very Happy

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down