THE SWIM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning the 6 Beat Kick

2 posters

Go down

Learning the 6 Beat Kick Empty Learning the 6 Beat Kick

Post by cottmiler Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 pm

I was trying to do this a few years ago and gave it up as a bad job I suppose. It was reported somewhere on the Swim Smooth forum.

Lately I have been striving to get the stroke fully symmetrical with my usual two beat kick and the problem as always is the unbalanced stronger right arm and side. This causes timing errors and then mistakes with the bilateral breathing. The recently described Thorpe drill of touching the water behind the back has helped a lot to correct the body roll etc..

Swimming carefully and slowly today, on my "Easy Swim Day" I found to my astonishment that my legs were kicking a perfectly timed 6 beat kick! This together with bilateral breathing and proper action on the water with both hands/arms! The kicking comprised a dominant two beat kick with smaller secondary kicks.

Does this mean that I have finally learnt to swim after 20 years?

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Learning the 6 Beat Kick Empty Re: Learning the 6 Beat Kick

Post by nightcrawler Wed May 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Hey Cottmiler,
Why dont you join a children's swim club and learn everything from the base?
2 years ago I was training with 12-13 years children, I got agile and also motivated so much, we were doing lots of sets including kicking, drills, paddles, fins, pullbuoys, snorkels, parachutes and also doing other strokes except freestyle.

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by cottmiler Wed May 17, 2017 3:21 pm

At nearly 69 we have to take more time to learn things.

In the UK oldies have difficulty finding a coach for anything, I suppose owing to lack of demand. However that was the niche that Terry Laughlin developed.

I see the weather in Istanbul is similar to here today.

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Post by nightcrawler Wed May 17, 2017 4:16 pm

For a year we have been trying to sell our flat in Istanbul, due to economical situation of the country it is hard to sell it now and we have been waiting. As soon as selling it we have the intention of resigning from work and relocating to Antalya which is near by the Mediterranean sea, lots of fruit, almost trophical climate, full of with trees, rivers and fountains, etc,.. for more information watch the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp_LLcQTlfs

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down