THE SWIM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cottmiler Racing!

3 posters

Go down

Cottmiler Racing! Empty Cottmiler Racing!

Post by cottmiler Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 am

Now in Perth, WA and with a much improved right shoulder.

This is a race against my 11.75 yo neice who is the quickest swimmer of her peer group.

After an initial cool down or should it have been a warm up, we got underway. After some distance when she was ahead her ankle accidentally got caught up with my hand grip and she was hauled back a bit. A second entanglement failed to stop her. I couldn,t draft off her because she was too small.

Unfortunately her superior technique won out in the end and she beat me by three body lengths.

https://youtu.be/WkdyAXbarYA

So it,s back to the driils, anyone got any suggestions?

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Cottmiler Racing! Empty Re: Cottmiler Racing!

Post by nightcrawler Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:13 am

I guess it is a lovely place to swim, looks wonderful although buildings located around.
Your right arm's elbow is entering the water before the hand, watch out.
She is faster than you because her buoyancy is better than yours and she seems quite strong. I think you should better gain some fatty kilos to float better Smile

Are there sharks in the Swan River or another dangerous marine creatures?

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post by gregorywannabe Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:50 am

Nothing bad nc. I think there has been bull sharks reported in the past, but no attacks I think. Sometimes jellyfish but these are OK as well.

I've put on some kgs for this summer ows season. "Normal" weight 72kg (nearly all my adult life), Jan 2015 86kg training for Rotto swim (DNS due to shoulder and first seizure), Oct 2016 65kg (lots of running, but suffered full-on hypothermia in ows), now for this ows season sitting at an intermediate 76-77kg.

gregorywannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by cottmiler Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Nightcrawler, Here is a 1m sandbar shark that we saw many times over two days last year. You may notice the pontoon where we swim. It put us off swimming there for a bit. It was caught and relocated by Fisheries.

https://youtu.be/HYNsouYL0UM

There are also a few dolphins sometimes. One chased me last year which was frightening Owing to our awareness of bullshark presence.

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

Post by gregorywannabe Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:10 am

He's swimming nice and shallow cm! Just stay out deeper! Wink Smile Could you see if he was he chasing baitfish?

gregorywannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum