THE SWIM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just trying

+3
Mike A
Tom65
Sprinter
7 posters

Go down

Just trying Empty Just trying

Post by Sprinter Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Aha, a bit confusing, how to start a new topic, but possible.
I propose we play a bit around with the technology, then perhaps these initial trials are deleted.
Adam from SwimSmooth said they could announce such a new forum on the original SwimSmooth Forum.

Sprinter

Back to top Go down

Just trying Empty Re: Just trying

Post by Sprinter Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:55 pm

I see, there are Forums (at the start page "Your first forum") and topics.

Sprinter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 am

I changed the name of "Your first forum" to something more fitting. I think this can work, provided that more people will join.

Adivio
Admin

https://theswimforum.palstani.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom65 Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:30 am

Gidday, I,ll stick a link in my sig on ss, maybe nightcrawler will see it.

Tom65
Tom65

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi was a pain registering but finally sorted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Welcome! Happy to see you all here.
And sorry for the difficulties with registering.

By the way, if somebody else wants to be admin alongside me, happy to give the rights.

Adivio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Go on then, I'll be an Admin. I've done some work on phpBB boards before, but a long time ago. We can probably customise the banner heading, if anyone has any thoughts about images we could use etc.
Mike A
Mike A

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 pm

ok, good. I made you Admin. Or I hope I did Smile. Please report back if I succeeded.

Adivio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Yes, that worked. I see we can set up different Categories - is that something worth doing at this point, do we think, or should we keep it all in a general category for the time being? I guess we only used one main category at SwimSmooth. I can see some advantages to having a few different categories, but I think it's a bad idea to have loads of them (I visit a messageboard that has dozens of categories and sub-categories - it's a nightmare to find anything!).
Mike A
Mike A

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 pm

I believe this forum will be rather small, if it ever flies. So perhaps we don't need categories or sub-categories for the time being.

Adivio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:54 pm

OK, no worries.
Mike A
Mike A

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike A Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

So you can add an Avatar if you want. Click on your name at the top right, go into Edit profile, then click on Avatar. You can upload an image there. Maximum size is 150x200 pixels, but I think that's kind of big (makes the forum post box deep even if there's not much text). I set mine to <100 pixels deep.
Mike A
Mike A

Back to top Go down

Post by s.sciame Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:21 pm

Hi Adivio and all,
thanks for the invitation and great idea! So here we are again, I've just invited Nightcrawler and Smootharnie.

Cheers,
Salvo

s.sciame

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Welcome Salvo, good to see you here!
Hope that Nightcrawler and Smootharnie will join soon as well.

Adivio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gregorywannabe Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:00 am

gregorywannabe on board (not that I post much) Smile

gw

gregorywannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 am

Welcome!

Sprinter, perhaps you could then talk to swimsmooth to advertise this forum there?
It looks like it can work.

Adivio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:25 pm

Any news from Nightcrawler? Seems that contact with him is lost.

Adivio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s.sciame Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:41 pm

He sent me a private message on TI forum, then I replied inviting him here but I suspect that he didn't receive my reply because I always get an error page whenever I send him a message (I tried again right now). There must be something wrong with his account on TI.

If anybody here has a TI account (smootharnie for instance), you could try to send him a private message and see if you get the same error or not.

By the way: I also noticed that Ducky and all his posts disappeared from SS forum. I wanted to invite him but it seems impossible...

Salvo

s.sciame

Back to top Go down

Post by Adivio Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:09 pm

I was thinking of Ducky as well and then noticed a while back that he was not a member anymore. Didn't know that also his messages disappeared ...
Very strange. Checked one thread where I was discussing with him and now there are only my messages as if I was talking alone Smile.

This does look like swimsmooth has deleted his account together with his messages. Can't understand why.
And I don't see a reason why he would have deleted them himself. Is it even possible?

Adivio
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s.sciame Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Adivio wrote:

This does look like swimsmooth has deleted his account together with his messages. Can't understand why.
And I don't see a reason why he would have deleted them himself. Is it even possible?

Yes, it's really strange. 400im posts for instance are still there, despite he officially said he was going to leave the forum forever. Don't know, the last day before locking the forum Paul deleted my last post on Gerry Rodrigues' thread and wrote the last reply under my name Very Happy
Maybe he also deleted Ducky's posts because he recently used to say that threshold sets are boring Twisted Evil

Salvo

s.sciame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprinter Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:17 pm

That's indeed very strange, that the contributions of Ducky disappeared! I assumed that at least our collected wisdom would be preserved over there, but such deletions cripple the discussions.

Perhaps Ducky got angry about the closure (or something else), and then wanted to completely cut off the links to SwimSmooth.
I very much hope that it wasn't SwimSmooth who deleted the messages without his wish (except for strong, unexpected reasons).

Perhaps soon we can write a kind of joint e-mail to the SwimSmooth guys, perhaps asking for a nice message put up somewhere, announcing the new forum, and perhaps asking for a "closure e-mail" by SwimSmooth to the members of the their Forum, mentioning this new forum.

Sprinter

Back to top Go down

Post by SA Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Thats a shame if Duckys contributions are lost. Good stuff usefull for a lot of swimmers.
I think we all enjoyed the chatting with faster swimmers.Including 400im and Nightcrawler. I can analyse youtube swimmers till the end of times, but nothing beats no nonsense opinions from good swimmers.
We all hope to find some golden nuggets, although in reality ususally they are only small pennies.

SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum