THE SWIM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALLENGE 50/100 m

+4
nightcrawler
s.sciame
SA
Tom65
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

CHALLENGE 50/100 m - Page 4 Empty Re: CHALLENGE 50/100 m

Post by cottmiler Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 am

Nightcrawler,

You advise to practise 6 arm pulls per 25 m.

For my feeble mind could you please describe this better for us?

I can understand 25 m in 0 arm pulls with just just kicking so 6 seems an odd choice.

cottmiler

Back to top Go down

CHALLENGE 50/100 m - Page 4 Empty Re: CHALLENGE 50/100 m

Post by nightcrawler Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 am

cottmiler wrote:Nightcrawler,

You advise to practise 6 arm pulls per 25 m.

For my feeble mind could you please describe this better for us?

I can understand 25 m in 0 arm pulls with just just kicking so 6 seems an odd choice.

Try to swim as low SPL as possible in the trainings and increase your distance per stroke(DPS) in order to be successful in a sprint race event.
For example try 6 SPL (strokes per lap) for 25m, kick extend glide and pull, do the recovery phase very slowly bur continuously (without pausing the stroke above), this will help to develop side(code) balance and kicking abilities.
At the outset this may seem hard / or you may feel uncomfortable, but soo this is becoming a habit. And in the race this will help you so much, due to increase in Stroke Rate(SR) your SPL will increase (for example from 6 to 20 for 25m) and DPS will naturally decrease; but NOTE THAT 10-20% shortage in the DPS will still make you faster than before in a sprint event.

nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum